Amir Lancaster - Technical Training Coach
- Texas State Bobcat Volleyball -- 4 years Male Practice Player
- Texas State Volleyball Program -- Internship
- Texas State Men’s Club team -- 2 year Staring Outside Hitter
- Texas State Men's Rugby Team
- Track, Football, Rugby, Volleyball Collegiate experience
- 1 year professional rugby
- National Academy of Sport and Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sport and Medicine certified Sports Performance Enhancement and Specialization certified
Coach Lancaster graduated from Texas State University in 2018. Coach Amir was a male practice player for the Texas State Bobcat women’s team for four years and completed his senior year interning under Tracy Smith providing aid to hitters both outside middle and right side. Upon graduating from Texas State University, Coach Lancaster went to play one year of professional rugby in Houston Texas then returned to San Marcos and the New Braunfels area to Coach for United VBA. For 3 seasons Coach Amir has brought advanced training to the program, specializing in attacking and power based performance. He’s coached 12 Purple and 15 Gray and in 2020 will focus on training athletes in lessons, camps, and clinics and return to team coaching next season. Due to his career schedule he was unable to be a team coach in 2021.
Amir is a phenomenal athlete players love to watch jump (46 inch vertical) and play with in the gym. He has great passion and energy and love for the game and great expertise in personal fitness, power performance, and volleyball to take players to the next level. He’s a clinic favorite!!
The biggest piece of knowledge that Amir has to offer to all of the athletes that he coaches is to love the game and find new ways to compete and challenge amongst yourself and others. He’s often heard saying, “You Get what you GIVE.”